Sunday, 26 June 2011

Pic from The Hobbit Set

Here is a pic from the set of The Hobbit, which is currently in production.

It will be fascinating to see how Martin Freeman - who most of us will know primarily as Tim from The Office - fits into the role of Bilbo Baggins. I suspect that he will perform well.

I would recommend that anyone planning on watching this movie when it is released reads the book first. It was the imminent release of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring that first spurred me to read Tolkien's masterpiece, which I had been planning on doing for a while but had never got around to.

I'm told it is terribly endearing quality to be able to provide one's co-viewers with an endless supply of geekish background information about the plot and to advise them of any and all deviations from Tolkien's original work ('The elves never actually came to help out at the defence of Helm's Deep you know. Yes I'm sure. What do you mean you don't care?' etc.)

Buy it here:

No comments: